New ISCI Award to honor members whose work has made an impact outside of academia
The International Society for Child Indicators (ISCI) will begin presenting a new award at the 2017 conference in Montreal. The new award is called the ISCI Impact Award and it is meant to highlight the use of child well-being indicators in ways that are likely to have a direct impact on the well-being of children. The award is meant to highlight the fact that many members of the ISCI community focus as much on impact as on scholarship and that applied child indicator work is highly valued within ISCI. The award is open to individuals or organizations. This announcement provides guidelines for nominating a person or organization for this award.
Any activities that uses child well-being indicators to advance children’s lives can be nominated for the award.
Such activities may include:
· increasing public awareness,
· monitoring child conditions,
· informing policy/evaluating policies and programs,
· advocacy activities,
· mobilizing advocates for children.
But the award is not limited to the activities listed above.
Our timetable is designed to have us prepared to make the first award at the ISCI meeting in Montreal in June 2017. The decision about which individual or organization will receive the award will be made by the ISCI Impact Award committee consisting of William O’Hare, Claudia Coulton and David Gordon.
People or groups can self-nominate themselves or they can be nominated by others. Information needed for nominees is relatively minimal. Send a 1 or 2 page email to ISCI Impact award at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the submission highlights the ISCI Impact Award. The submission should include the following information.
1) the name of the person or organization being nominated,
2) contact information for the person or organization,
3) what activity or activities you think merit the ISCI Impact award (Please provide detail as to how child indicators have been used and the resulting benefits).
4) you may also include endorsements or recommendations from other individuals or organizations supporting the nomination.
Nominations are due by February 28, 2017.
If there are any questions please contact, William O’Hare at email@example.com.
For PDF download click here.